Read the following words and phrases and their definitions.
- thrive - grow to be strong and healthy
- falter - stop being strong or successful
- for eons - for a very long period of time
- soil - the top layer of earth in which plants grow
- regard - think of something in a special way
- disregard - ignore something or treat them as unimportant
- be prepared to do something - be ready to do something
- According to Nature, what's the big difference between her and the people living on earth?
- Nature says: "Your future depends on me." Whose future is she talking about?
- Nature says: "Your actions will determine your fate." Explain what this means.
Extra listening assignments
Watch the video about Hannah Testa:
- What is Hannah's goal?
- According to Hannah, what simple steps can you take?
- Hannah says: "The earth is what we all have in common." Explain what this means.
Or check out an earlier Earth Day video assignment here!