Will Arnett does the voice of LEGO Batman in movie. In the video, he’s a guest on BBC Radio 1. They call a toy shop and play a telephone game.
In the game, Will Arnett has to speak with his Batman voice.
Read the following words and phrases and their definitions.
- snap together - fit tightly together when you press
- put someone on - give someone the phone so they can speak to a person
- quality stuff - really good stuff
- It’s just come in - It has just arrived
- xylophone - a musical instrument with wooden bars of different lengths that you hit with a hammer
- zoo-like - like in a zoo
- How does the telephone game work?
- Does the shop have the first toy Batman is looking for?
- What time does the shop close?
Extra speaking assignment
You don’t need a telephone to play the game in the video.
So there you go:
It’s your turn to play this game. Before you start, write down some words to help you along.
Or play with a classmate and take turns with each letter of the alphabet.
Extra words assignment
1. Watch the video once more.
2. Write down all the alphabet words Batman uses on the phone.
3. Look up any words you do not know.